Friday, May 6, 2016

Go Fund Me...

Every time I go on facebook, I see Go Fund Me pages in support of various different people.  All of them have stories, events in their lives that have brought them to a place of need.  Two weeks ago, a co-worker asked me if we needed a Go Fund Me page.  I hadn't really thought about it, but quickly replied no.  Then, as we prepared for Jon's surgery, people kept asking us what we need or how they can help.  Well, to answer the question, yes...I want a Go Fund Me page, but I don't want money.  I want a fund of sunshine, so when the days are cloudy and Jon can't find the light, it's there.  I want a fund of smiles, so when Jon's eyes are sad, I can pull out a smile to brighten his face.  I want a fund of energy, so when Jon is worn out from treatments, he can still play catch with the kids.  Realistically, we have those funds...they are the cards, notes, calls, messages, and dinners that show up when we need them.  We know there are going to be really hard days, but those funds, the kind worth more than any amount of money, are the sunshine, smiles, and energy we need to face another day.   Thank you...for giving us just what we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment